Our Valdosta YMCA has an outstanding recreational program as well as a competitive gymnastics team! The recreational Gymnastics program offers an opportunity for youngsters of all ages and abilities a chance to be their best while learning self discipline and having fun.
The YMCA Gymnastics Team provides participants with the opportunity to engage in gymnastics at a competitive level. Competition is exciting and challenges the gymnast physically, mentally, and emotionally. Participation on the competitive team level is determined by the coach and depends on the skill level of the gymnast and their willingness and desire to train.
Our 14,000 square foot Air conditioned facility includes a full viewing spectator area and is fully equipped for children of all ability levels. Our skill chart program is based on USA Gymnastics. Each child is continually evaluated and as they master skills they move up within the program. Classes are divided by age as much as possible and by skill level based on our chart system.
The YMCA offers a variety of special events including: Friday Frolic, Kids Night Out, Parties, Field Trips, Summer and Christmas Camps.
- Dress Code for girls is leotard without a skirt or ruffle attached.
- Shorts permitted (no buttons or zippers)
- Hair must be pulled up off shoulders and no dangling jewelry
- Boys/Tumbler- t shirt tucked in and shorts without buttons or zippers
- All participants must provide a labeled bag/back pack with water bottle/thermos and sanitizer.
- I understand that this is not a licensed child care facility and I also understand this program is not required to be licensed by The Ga Dept of Early Care & Learning and is exempt from state licensure requirements
How to Register:
To enroll in classes, simply go to the gymnastics facility or call and pay to reserve your first month fees plus the registration fees. For online registration, you must call the gym to secure a specific class
Online registration -can not apply the sibling discount – or waive registration fees and can not pro rate if you start after the first week of the month. First responders and military registration fees are waived with ID.
visit the following website for yearly calendar of class dates
1 Recreational Class Per Week